I thought it was time to collect some of my most useful findings when working with Git.
These are typically from situations where I found a useful way, which I wanted to jot down. Also I have answered and asked some questions on StackOverflow. The good thing about it, is that I am always able to find it again this way.
- How to make Git ignore files that already exist in your project
- Spoken Git Commit Log — Another Annoyance at the Office
- How to add Git Pull Shortcut to Different Github Branches
- Using Git for SVN Repositories Workflow
- Using Local File-based Git — Server Laziness
- git-svn: how do I create a new svn branch via git?
- How to switch svn branches using git-svn?
- Git how to create remote branch
- How to undo “git commit –amend” done instead of “git commit”
- How to grep git commits for a certain word
- Git svn clone: How to defer fetch of revision history
- Which Git commit stats are easy to pull
- Git how to save a preset git log –format
- View remote Git revision on Heroku
- The shortest possible output from git log containing author and date
- Git how to find out which single commits that done on one branch and not another